Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hello All


Well, here I sit (or should I say lay) 3 days post after my bilateral mastectomy! I am tired, sore, anxious, and kind of on an emotional roller coaster today! The Jackson Pratt drains are really really annoying and are a pain! I am having a hard time letting others do for me. During my battle I have done just about everything however NOW I have to let others help care for me, the kids, Dylan and the house! I am NOT used to this! I have been in bed and on the couch a lil' but the bed is more comfortable possibly thinking about finding a recliner. I lost all of thursday it was a blur. Yesterday, I was told that I blacked out and had what appeared to be a seizure the surgeon said that it was probably from not eating and from the pain also taking the meds on a empty stomach (my throat really really hurts due to my throat being sore because of the tube from surgery), so now before I can get my pain pills and antibiotics I must eat a lil' so as not to scare everyone (including myself) again. The night of my surgery I did not sleep well at all. The pain as well as the pain meds (oxycodone & morphine) kept me awake and practically climbing the walls. The same now I will be calling the surgeon on Monday to see if anything else can be prescribed so as not to be so anxious, still be able to take away the pain and so I can relax. I am having a hard time with not having and not doing my usual routines. Needing help out of bed, just having people do what I usually do really sucks! I am probably rambling I will blame this on the meds once again!

1 comment:

Emily said...

You are so strong, and look incredible with everything that you have been through! This is just another crappy bupmp in the road to recovery. I love you!