Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TODAY!

Hello all! A lot has been going on lately! I am still trying to heal and get these silly Jackson Pratt drains out! I was supposed to get them out on the 26 of October however I am still draining too much fluid *well Was* but now I have a clot somewhere in the right breast and still drainig around 90ml on the left and on the right well had a bad I mean really bad reaction to the surgical tape *it is in my records I am allergic*!!! My skin is like just rotting! I know it sounds gross and well it is! However I am keeping my chin up and just praying and doing whatever I can! it started it out as some type of weird bruising that turned into a yellow goozing thingy which has spread really bad and is now black, blue, red, oozing and well think *KNOW* that it has to be an allergic reaction to the steristrips... called and spoke with the nurse and she said to try to remove the steristrips with water(THIS NOT DID NOT WORK) this pulled my skin off!!!! So, I called the Plastic Surgeon *he was playing golf* because it was getting worse he said *over the phone* oh it will be ok i will see you in a couple of days, slow down and put some neosporin on the site.. So I did this was on Saturday, It got worse so today I call the nurse and she is like well your numbers are still to high to remove the drains call back on wednesday! Anyway my girlfriend Shawn and Emily said "no way this has been going on to long and it is getting worse" Shawn has been there for me soooo much for me lately and I do not know what I would do without her, probably clone her! Anyway she contacted the nurse and told her "no" this is not right her skin is just being eating up by something and insisted that I come in and be seen SO went and well the Doctor was not there, the nurse looked at the sites and said "yes, this does not look good" soooo, just go home and keep putting vaseline on the strips and try to remove them *is this not there job?) THEY knew that I was allergic to adhesive (something new since chemo/cancer) anyway and then i asked her about the swelling that I have been having in one of the breasts (right side same as the really bad reaction site) anyway she said "yes looks like you have a clot in your tube, then she said and well I may have to have stitches or another surgery to try and save the skin, then she tried working out the clot again *granted it is right next to where the tube goes in OW* she worked some of it out and was like well here is how you do it and you will need to come in on wed and probably have it aspirated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After Emily went off about this visit and is so worried when I came home and called my internal med doctor who is an angel!! She will be seeing me tomorrow at 11!!! I will let you know the outcome!!!! I took pics, kept the tape... Oh yeah and the nurse said that I may lose that skin and additional work may need to be doNE... OH MY I want a new Plastic! I did not feel good about him to begin with!!! Sorry to have vented and unloaded on you like this but I am highly upset, worried, tired and well a little depressed I am still unable to do what I would like to do! The nurse also said that I must stop moving my hands and arms and to slow down If I did that I would have to have my arms strapped down really... I am not used to having people do for me and really do not have anyone at home so what am I to do... I can not wait to see my favorite doctor tomorrow I really do feel like the Plastic did a major boo boo by not bringing me in sooner when I noticed the problem!!! pheW I feel better now!!! Thank you all for the ear, thank you Barbie for the support and courage, thank you Shawn for EVERYTHING I could not do this without you- you are always there for me! Thank you Emily for being there as my back up brain, my supporter, my beautiful daughter, thank you for Sarah for the love, support and all the help, thank you so much Kyle for all the help around the house, thank you Dylan for loving me unconditionally, for the morning kisses and for keeping me busy!!! Thank you my dear and wonderful NACM/SACM for being there, for the support, and everything that you do! Thank you Miss Shelley Bean for the love, support and your texts that keep me smiling...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,dear I just read your blog and wanted to let you know that I am as well allergic to surgical tape and have been to numerous of DR.s and come to find out the substance you are allergic to is called CARBA MIXTURE it is a substance the manufactures add it to tapes,gloves,and butterfly stitches.Yes a reaction is very yucky and it brings your metabolism down and stress level up. There is a medication a creme you can used. I want you to realized that this is a very serious allegic condition it can be very serious. Also Collin, is allergic. Take care an God blessed my sister loved you much. stacey

SweetAnnee said...

look at you girlfriend we are 2 pink peas in a pod..bloggy's , names and
canser shit..
I do love Autumn...Nipple for me tomorrow..aka titty twister
love in Him
deena

Anonymous said...

hey deanna you hang in there.i went thru the same thing with my masc.the tubes are horrible and they pull i got infection and had to go back in hosp.about 4 days after surgery.it took forever to heal and the drs are like deal with it.im thinking about you.and it will eventually heal.your in my prayers. joy haire

Anonymous said...

I ♥♥ U SOO MUCH
DISTANCE DOESNT MATTER
im always close to ur heart and here for you always!!!
ILYSM♥