Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goodbye 08' Hello Fabulous Wonderful Happy 09'


2008 year in review:
Nearly every part of my life that I had considered "normal" changed. My cancer diagnosis was also a real turning point in my life because it forced me to reexamine my goals and priorities. I lost my hair, felt ill most of the time, dealt with achy bones, numbness of the hands and feet, put a hold on my career, attended support groups, and met a whole new world of health professionals. There was and still is an ongoing unease and fear that cancer will come back and take my life. At the same time, I feel the love and support of a wonderful group of family and friends who have reached out to me in so many ways that I had never experienced before. Certainly I had days full of sadness and fear; no one walks this journey without them. But I also had laughter and the blessings of friendship, family and God -- blessings in unbelievable numbers.
Today, I feel so blessed to be alive. I appreciate the miracles of each and every day. I'm grateful to be where I am right now, and to have the wonderful family members, friends and children with whom I spend the time I have. I have been inspired by and learned from so many others who have walked in the path of cancer. I have ached but I have learned many things from the wonderful people that have I lost this year, people who near and dear to my heart that within a moment their and my whole world changed in an instant!
I have a great sense of optimism about what lies ahead. I look forward to waking up everyday seeing my children, family and friends. No matter how crazy and hectic some days may be. I look forward to grand-children, graduations, wedding and I look forward to (as I have ALWAYS said but never followed) living each day to its fullest and to savor each and every moment. Because in a split second, anyone’s life can change. Breathe in the wonderous happy year ahead 2009 will be FABULOUS!
So, live with no regrets, never leave things unsaid and always, always kiss me goodbye and goodnight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say after reading this post is....AMEN. May 2009 be a year of many more blessings and a year of healing for you. Sending my hugs and kisses! XOXO Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey girly...I am so glad you are doing well. You are such a beautiful person inside and out! Your family is georgeous. I hope 2009 brings you good health and happiness! :) Natalie

Anonymous said...

SISTER, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL YOU ARE TRULY MY SISTER MY FRIEND MY LOVE. I ALWAYS HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE FOR YOU IN MY HEART AND MY LIFE YOU ARE WOMAN YES WOMAN WE STAND TOGETHER WE STAND TALL WE STAND STRONG WE LAUGH WE CRY WE DID IT ALL WITH THE HELP OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR WE MAY LIVED IN DIFFERENT STATES TO ME YOU ARE HERE WITH ME AN REMEBER YOU ARE TRULY LOVED AN ADMIRED FOR YOU. YES YOU YOU YOU... YES YOU. SO WOMAN HEAD UP SHOULDERS BACK YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION TO ME AND TO ALL OTHERS. LOVE ALWAYS YOU LITTLE SISTER STACEY FROM TN. P.S. LUV YA!REMEMBER THE SONG THAT SAYS DONT WORRY BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER