Wednesday, March 19, 2008

3/18 Hair Today - Gone Tomorrow!

Hello everyone... Well, today was a good day-I felt pretty good! However yesterday when I woke up I had a terrible headache and then once again this morning a headache not as bad but my scalp felt as if were sunburned thought oh no what next-I should have learned by now for all who knows me not to ask that question so, as I got ready for my appointment my scalp was just very tender. On my way to my 10 o'clock appointment I rubbed my head and well lo' and behold well there was hair (not a massive amount but just enough to call Emily and tell her the daily update) I knew this would happen they told me but I once again had another wake up call. I still am unable to believe that I am going through this. At times yes I get depressed but just try to keep a stiff upper lip and keep my head high! But am starting to get a little down now the whole hair thing is starting to kick in. But like Emily said to me "Mom I would us rather lose your hair - than to lose you"! What a smart girl / woman I have raised... My whole life has changed drastically lately that sometimes the realness kicks in! I am always grateful for you my wonderful family and friends. God bless you all!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hair or No Hair you are still beautiful to me. It will be okay, It WILL be okay!!! I would rather have you without hair then not have you at all. Bald is Beautiful - you love Mike don't you (haha I couldn't resist). Let's just get through this stage of the journey, and by Halloween you will be finished with chemo and radiation and hopefully be in remission. Your hair will begin to grow back just like the leaves in spring. This is just your winter. We just need to get through this long winter.

Meghan said...

Allison just told me. I'm so very sorry to hear this. Your a strong woman and you've been through a lot already. You will make it through this. It's just another chapter in your book of life. Haven't had a chance yet to read your blogs but just wanted to leave you a message before I head into work. I will be home next week. Much love and prayers to you. I miss you! Keep your head high!