Monday, March 17, 2008

My Friday Night Nuelasta Nightmare!

Hello All... Well, Friday night was a rough one for me. I had the effects from the Nuelasta injection (Neulasta® is a prescription medication that is licensed to prevent infections due to chemotherapy. By binding to stem cells and stimulating the production of certain white blood cells, the drug can help prevent bacterial, viral, or fungal infections. Neulasta comes as an injection that is given once per chemotherapy cycle. Possible side effects of Neulasta include bone pain, headache, muscle pain, and joint pain) that I had on tuesday - I thought "no side effects yet from that stuff - guess I am one of the lucky ones" 43% for pain and another 79% for the spasms or something like that - that do not experience the pain and muscle spasms... N O T!!! Me lucky? LOL Only with the friends and children that I have... Well it did finally rear it's ugly head from 2:00 a.m. - 5:45 a.m. I had to call the on-call Oncologist to tell me which pill(s) I could take and how many! The pain was worse than labor for you momma's out there and well for you men hmmm let's see how to describe labor ok take your top lip and try to pull it over your head! The pain was in my lower back and would thump thump thump with my heart beat and with each thump it would travel down to my hips and then to my legs!!! What a night. I took as prescribed 1 muscle relaxer, 1 Advil gel cap @ 11:30, and by by 5:00 could not take it anymore and called the emergency line and was told to take 2 Percocet, 1 more Flexeril along with 1 more Advil! I was out like a light! But man what pain. The cure for cancer I have learned hurts more than having it and the surgery! But man did I sleep hard! However Sarah had a ball game that day (we won - the score was a lot to a little I do not remember the exact number=SUCKY SIDE EFFECTS again LOL). Along with the racing thoughts and as you can see run on sentences... Better go for now.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yes, that was a rough night. But now we know pain management - take the meds you are prescribed before the pain kicks in. Hopefully that will be your one and only painful night from that nasty drug. I love you!