Friday, March 21, 2008

Reality Kicks "IN" as hair starts to come "OUT"

Hello all once again... Well, today the hair is really starting to come out! Realty is starting to kick in a little more. I am finding it every where from the back of the pillow to the banana pudding on the stove! Need to start really looking into the wig, scarf and hats now I guess... I did purchase a wig from ebay (you know me I can resist a bargain) it is a really nice wig however it looked a little darker than what it actually is! It has a lot of blonde highlights in it to where, well it is almost blonde. I am actually afraid of washing my hair! It is weird my scalp actually hurts a little almost like a tingly sunburn. I can run my fingers through my hair and get about 10-15 hairs at a time. Eyebrows and lashes still holding in there... Wow, I still can not believe that I have the big "C" word! There are times that I am still like "this is all to unreal"... But, I will hold my (bald) head high, I can and will get through this but really the only time that I truly hurt (the chemo, the injections, the pokes, the needles, the baldness that is nothing really) is when I look at my kids and what they think or have to say to their friends "My momma has cancer" or how they feel "How long will she be around for me?" I tell them and have always told them every day how much I love them and how special life is and not to take advantage of life and the things and people around them, to treat everyday as if it were their last or the person/people they love's last, not to grow up to fast, just to enjoy... I guess my main worry is them and will always be them. I just want to let them know that their mother is a tough cookie and if I can handle what I have handled in life so far well then I can handle this thing they call "cancer".

2 comments:

Emily said...

Bald is beautiful. If actresses, like Demi Moore and Natalie Portman can shave their head for a movie then you can do it to get better. All this means the chemotherapy is working, you will not have cancer anymore but your hair will grow back! Dylan, Sarah and I do not think of you as our Mom with cancer, we think our Mom is Superwoman fighting cancer. We love you and know you are tough! We will all be okay and by this time next year you will be in remission and your hair will have grown back and we can just look back at the tough journey that life brough us, we learned from and have healed from.

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! I know you are having a tougher time than I did, but still we can overcome this thing. Never think negative--no matter how bad it gets. The power of positive thinking can work miracles. Also, laughter. watch funny movies and laugh till it hurts. Then nothing can touch you.
Barb