Tuesday, April 15, 2008

3rd Chemo Treatment Blog...

Hello all. I am here, I am focused, I am dedicated, I am hard-headed I will win and beat this thing (demon) they call Cancer...

Well, today is my 3rd treatment and time has just flown by. The only thing that I have accomplished is getting better, slowly re-evaluating my life and the peoples lives around me and well how to tie a cool t-shirt turban! Today so far I was given a shot by port of ativan while waiting for my lab report to come back in which it did (I was a little anemic but not by too much so all is ok so let the games begin) so, anyway I can now take my Emend 125mg Capsule, and will be getting an iv drip of Decadron (is used for nausea and to decrease swelling of tumors/cancer) and Aloxi (used for the treatment of nasuea) all that stuff plus the other 4 things that I have to take at home for the nausea-seems like all that stuff would make you nauseas... LOL I am in a shared room today with 3 other chemotherapy patients so of course today would be the day that I forgot my earbuds so I could/can listen to my meditation cds. I will be doing and trying everything to get everything normal again and to heal and to rid myself of cancer by going on (attempt to go on) a strict diet of whole grains, vegetables and fruit with some fish and only organic chicken, drinking tea no coffee (well maybe once twice a week), meditation, decorating the fung shui way (just kidding but has been considered lol), and a whole lot of soul searching. I still need to let out what has and is building up inside me I keep trying to be strong which is all good but have not yet let the tears completely flow - I refuse to cry - I will tear up and feel it coming on the supress it and be strong... But, I think that one good cry will do me good. Still, everything has happened so fast and everything has most certainly been life changing. SO, much going on around me that I must rethink everything and put things into perspective but it seems like I have had no time to do that. Between having my father staying with me, worrying about my mother, now my grandmother is staying with me, our Kyle having his problems right now, the kids, the healing, the house I have so much on my mind and there is no time for nothing just doing what needs to be done but I have come to that point that I want to heal, I want change, I want better, I want ME back... Ok enough for now here comes the 3 chemo drip bags I better go and start my relaxing time... Thank you all for reading and listening to me sometimes I ramble but for all that know me well, that/this is expected :) I love and appreciate and care for you all!
Take care and God Bless!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Deanna

2 comments:

Emily said...

Woohoo another treatment bites the dust. You are almost halfway done (time wise - not treatments) but look how fast the time has went. Soon you will be better then new, feeling fabulous, and healthy!! It will be good for you to have a fresh start, just think when you are finished with chemo you will begin the next phase of your life, focusing on living healthy, being happy and de-stressing your environment (Thats a big one). I am so proud of you and all the strength that you have. Remember its okay to cry, rain helps the flowers grow and survive.
I love you!

SUSIE said...

Your such a TROOPER!!!!!I would have told everyone my family is so important to me,but I need some space in my home.Then again that's me not you.OK I might be stupid but what the heck is decorating the fung shui? LOVE YOU,ME