Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hello All

Just a note... Doing really good! A little no very tired. I have came so far! I am feeling pretty good and happy that the treatments are getting closer to the end every day and knowing that I am getting better. Found out today though that this current round of Chemo is almost over and the last day (the fourth treatment) is the last day of Cytoxan and Adriamycin. However, starting in a couple of weeks I will do a weekly chemo treatment (taking 3-4 hours again) with a chemo cocktail of Taxol, Herceptin and something else for another 12 weeks! Then get this (I do not remember this being told to me) but apparently I will also have to do a round of chemo not sure what type of chemo cocktail as of yet but it will before 9 yes NINE months!!! WHAT!?!? I told them that I did not remember being told this but that I remember being told ok 6 months of chemo, 12 weeks radiation and then 5 years of a hormonal treatment... Now, I am being told this other... Emily will be coming with me to my next appt. with Dr. Shaw (oncologist) I hope, to make sure that I am understanding everything. Also, get this I have to do a genetic screening to see if I have some gene and if I do well it will be suggested and most necessary to have a hysterctomy and a masectomy! OK, I would like to get everything in order. I need to make plans, know what is ahead of me... I NEED TO KNOW... Ok starting to stress out here! CONFUSED! Will get everything in order by next appt with Emily by my side!

1 comment:

Emily said...

It's okay I will go with you and we will find everything out completely. No matter what we have to do to get you better we will! Do not be afraid :)
I love you!!!