Friday, April 11, 2008

Ok everyone "HAIR TODAY & GONE TOMORROW"

Hello all hair it is I mean here it is "The Video" that I have been putting off putting on... My new Chemo cut well, was really starting to fall apart-fall out whatever! My hair really started coming out the Friday before Easter (you ever had a hairy deviled egg?) and by Easter Sunday I just could not take it (the burning, the itching and the aggravation-it (hair) was everywhere) anymore! So... I went to Dollar General and purchased the hair clippers and had Emily come over (bless her heart) and do the dirty deed... We all cried even lil' Dylan! It was a sad but also like a new start - a new beginning - kind of... I don't know I am still in shock over ALL of this , NO words could described how I feel -well I take that back I am pretty good with words (this will be another blog I am sure LOL). Anyway, we all laughed and cried. But it had to be done... I feel really bad about having my kids seeing me this way and I know that it hurts them but they know that their mother IS a strong person and that I love them so much! I feel bad that poor Emily had to do the dirty work... I know it really hurt her and I feel bad for that I really do but as I have always told them all "this will only make you stronger-learn from me"! I know that the chemo is running through me and with God, family, friends it is working... I am so ready to going back to being me - not that I am not me just I look in the mirror and do not recognize myself - I am not used to what I feel or feeling this way - I get real sentimental and well have to hold back the tears every so often but you know me I am a big ol' softy... Anyway, back to the video... So, here is Part I of "Deanna's Hair Today and Gone tomorrow" video!
It is a lil' dark sorry!!!

Here is Part II of "Deanna's Hair Today and Gone tomorrow" video!

Part III...

and finally... Look at the funny look on my face... LOL LOL LOL...




ok so that is it... the videos of the shave... since then well my hair fell out almost completely and was pretty smooth until recently the past week well it has started to grow back... CRAZY and so I will be speaking with the Oncologist because I have other questions to ask as well... I love you all and stay tuned... I can now and will now put pics up of me... Emily & I learned a lot today at the Look Good Feel Good meeting it was fun and interesting... I am however so far still the youngun' of the bunch... Everyday though however since all of this I learn a lil' more and more...
Love you all and stay tuned....

XOXOXOXO,
Deanna

2 comments:

Emily said...

No matter what I have to do to help you cope, feel better and heal that is what I will do. Shaving your head was just something that I had to help you do. I know that at times you do not feel like yourself but by the time that this battle is over you will be a healthier version of your former self. Besides you make being bald Beautiful!! Plus, we learned so many fabulous tips and tricks yesterday! You weren't just the youngest in the group but the most beautiful, you couldn't even tell that you lost your hair. Remember everyone was commenting on how much they loved your wig, you didn't even need the makeup to make you look healthier like everyone else did. Your strength amazes me, and I know that although breast cancer took your hair that is all you will let it take from you. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, big sister I am just blown away. To see how you are doing so well.Your smile says it all. Just watching the video was just like having you here with me. Yes, I reall admit it was very hurtful to see you encounter this phase of your treatment.Yes, loosing the hair was a treatment Youlle never forget nor will I. I think you look cool.As for Emily you are a brave young lady.All ways love the ones that we love the most. s