Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just an FYI and a prayer request!

Lately I have come across 4 wonderful women that are fighting cancer and one of them we just reconnected and I have known since high school... One is 46 her name is Barbie and has been dealing with breast cancer now for 4 years and has been taking chemo off & on since. She has had 2 masectomys (one was her implants)! The other is a 35 year old woman (Stephanie) who was recently diagnosed (in February) with breast cancer also is done with her chemo and will be starting radiation soon. And the one from high school(Debbie), well she is the sister of one of my close friends from high school, she has just completed chemo (do not remember when she started) and is starting her radiation. The other is going through radiation and chemo now and is a very very close person to me she has been there for me so, PLEASE keep all of them in your prayers! These are all young strong women! I am just shocked at how wide spread this cancer thing is... NEVER ever would have thought that I would be one of them nor any of these woman that are in my life now... As well as for all the others and for the woman who need to check their breasts I would just say on a weekly bases "because you just never know!"!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sometimes I wonder how cancer chooses their hosts, as if it was a great cocktail party. Because it seems as if all of the best Mothers, Daughters, Sisters and Friends; have had cancer or have had it affect their lives.