Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just an update!

Just hangin' with my lil' ones!


Mommy loves her some Dylan!




Hello all! So so sorry that I have not blogged in a while... This new round of chemo (weekley) well, it is harder for me... I was told that it would not be but it is for me. Not sure really though if it is the chemo or just all the chemo catching up with me. Plus with school out I have been busy and more to do. School will be back in soon so we shall see. I will miss Sarah though she has been such a great help to me she is such a good girl!!! Things are ok I guess miss my old routine though PC (pre-cancer)!!!

Well, let's see... Tomorrow I will be on infusion #8 of 12!!! I have been dealing with neuropathy in my feet and it has now reached my fingertips and at times my hands... The feet and toes are really annoying. It is almost like when your leg goes to sleep and you know the feeling you get when it starts to wake up that tingly, pins & needle feeling? That is how it feels in my toes and 1/2 f my foot and it is starting in my hands now! The doctor prescribed Neurontin 300 mg and it helps keep it subsided then on my last 2 chemo treatments the dose was cut down %*)!O*(%)*! I did not like this as you can see by the cursing above... ( I feel as if I am missing out )... I have to have another Mugascan done to check my heart to see how bad the chemo is effecting it if at all and how the treatments are going in getting rid of my cancer... My hair started to come back but is now falling out once again. Not as bad as it was around Easter though - it just looks now like I have a bad case of the mange LOL. Still having a hard time sleeping especially after treatment and well, I have gained so much weight from the steroids not from sitting around though because I am unable to sit still with the stuff. However, my brain / memory has gone on a lil' vacation! I am totally like ADHD now no lie. I start doing something then see something else then see another thing. By the end of the day I am exhausted, the house is messier and well nothing is done! Really this is not an exaggeration. And the muscle and/or joint aches at night time at times just drive me crazy!!! But listen all and listen you Damn cancer cells - as Helen Reddy once sang I will not I repeat NOT be defeated "I am strong - I am invincible I am WOMAN!!!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRKnv9so5O8
wow I have always loved Helen Reddy (just a lil' info for anyone if there is ever a "Deanna Pop Quiz"...
Ok all well better go. I will post sooner and more often next time... Promise (I keep my promises)...
LOVE YOU ALL!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo,
Deanna

2 comments:

Emily said...

4 More chemotherapy left on this phase (another one bites the dust) Next month hopefully things will be better and easier on you. I love you and am so proud of how positive you manage to stay!!!

You're a Survivor
You're not gonna give up
You're not gonna stop
You're gonna work harder
You're a SURVIVOR
You're gonna make it
You will SURVIVE
Keep on SURVIVIN'

Unknown said...

I know you have someone greater to lean on,he knows your heart. I enjoyed our time together,you have such wonderful children. Their love for you shows in everything they do.